Friday, April 12, 2013


Gold Making 101: A fresh start


For my Gold Making 101 series I will outline the basic information for gold making for the player completely new to WoW. That means no selling account bound pets. Although I highly recommend this if you have these assets from another server.

The Bank Toon


You have the option to create a bank character or just use the character you are leveling. I recommend making a character that is dedicated to just doing auctions and holding materials you may need later. You will sometimes hold off on selling something until the market is better and it is good to have a place to store it so that it is not in the way.  Another issue that can arise is the beggar complex.  When you start to sell quite a bit you will get a reputation for having gold. This can sometimes cause issues with your guildies or WoW pals so it can be useful to separate your gold making reputation from your main characters. This is of course optional and it is up to you. There are quite a few sellers who do so on their main characters without any issues.

Misselane


Meet Misselane. She will be test subject for my Gold making 101. I have created her on a random low population server to put my advice to the test. She is going to build her fortune from scratch without using and assets from another server. I will use what I learn from her to give you workable advice about how to start from scratch. I will also avoid anything that is pure luck. If someone in trade randomly gives away 100 gold I will resist the temptation and instead stick to the more common methods. However, if you see anything for free I advise you to take two!


No comments:

Post a Comment