Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gold Making 101: Darkmoon Faire

Darkmoon Faire is one of the best ways to easily gain some starting gold. The Faire is often used by gold makers for the pets you can purchase with Darkmoon Prize Tickets. When you are starting out you will likely not have professions to level 75 but if you do I recommend doing the weekly profession quests. Feel free to do the daily quests as well. They will award you a Darkmoon Game Prize that will contain a prize ticket as well as a chance at one of the pets!

If you are starting out and don't have the funds to participate in the Darkmoon Fair festivities then there is one thing you can do to net yourself a nice chunk of gold. You guessed it (maybe) fishing!! Now before you jump for joy keep in mind it takes a bit of walking too.

Once you arrive on the Darkmoon Faire island head south to the docks. Located on the dock is a fishing trainer named Steven Stagnaro. You will need to learn fishing with him but that is it! You do not need to purchase a fishing pole and you do not need to purchase lures. You will be fishing in pools so you will be able to fish up what is inside them regardless of your level.


You will want to travel around the island and look for shipwreck debris pools. They look like little pools with pieces of wood and wooden crates in them. They will spawn fairly close to shore so keep an eye on the water as you walk around. Also keep in mind there will be a few part where land is scarce and swimming might be necessary.


When you fish in these pools you will receive sealed crates. Some pools will even have 2 crates in them.



Contained in these crates will be a variety of goodies. Some will be items better suited for a vendor and some with net you a nice bit on the auction house. The best part is, some of the items are current expansion materials so they sell fast on the auction house. If you are lucky enough to fish up a Sea Pony then you will have a nice pet to auction as well!

I wasn't fortunate enough to fish up the pet but I did get myself 6 crates. Inside was over 3 gold, some vendor items (shown in the top row), and some materials for me to sell on the auction house (middle row). I only ran one lap around the island but feel free to make as many rounds as you like.


I went straight to the auction house with my items and posted them. Please note that the red potion (stack of 8) item you see in my bags is called Master Healing Potion and it requires a hefty deposit to post. The other items have a small fee compared to the potions so I recommend posting the other items first and maybe trying to sell the potions in trade. I posted mine on the auction house before I noticed how much of a fee was charged to post them. I got lucky and they sold but I could have just as easily lost roughly 3 gold. When starting out 3 gold is quite a bit to lose but always keep in mind that it is just gold and we can always earn it back.

The next day when I checked my mail I had a nice surprise waiting for me. almost all of my auctions had sold! This makes the Darkmoon Faire my favorite way to get some starting gold. You have to wait for it to arrive the first Sunday of every month but when it does it is worth the wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment