Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gold Making 101


I have been playing wow for over 3 years and it has only been recently that I have discovered the art of gold making. I, like many players, assumed that it required spending actual money on guides or that gold making was just too time consuming. When talking of gold making people always used the word “farming”. This was the greatest turn off for me. The idea of spending endless hours doing a repetitive task seemed unpleasant. I had already leveled my main characters fishing to max and I had filled my quota of such tasks. Fortunately, the reality is much different. Farming does have its usefulness. If you are looking to build a starting capital and you have absolutely nothing then farming can be a good way to build it. You also have the option of questing or even dailies to build from if you are high enough level. If you have a crafting profession as well as a matching gathering profession then you can gather materials and convert them to items to sell on the auction house. All of these things are fairly intuitive once you have played the game for a bit. They won’t make you millions but they will get you started with a little gold in your pocket to invest.

This brings me to the secret of gold making (drum roll)…… Investment.  Those who make a significant amount of gold are doing so because they are in a constant state of investing. If you have 20 gold in your pocket you only have 3 options for it. Let it sit and do nothing, purchase something for yourself or invest it. The latter is the gold maker. The reason people tend to shy away from investing is because there is risk involved. It is important to keep in mind that if you fail miserably it is ok. You aren't investing real money. You can recoup what you invest via the standard methods of farming, questing/dailies and crafting. I prefer a 50/50 method of investing. I save 50% and set it aside for things I might want to purchase for myself and I invest the other 50%. Given some time you will find what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment